StatCounter

About Me

My photo
I am a freelance photographer located in Dallas, TX. I received my Bachelor of Fine Arts in Photography from the University of Texas at Arlington, and I am available for weddings, portraiture and event work. You can view more samples of my work by visiting my website.

11.05.2010

Ashley and Brandon's Engagements

Ashley and Brandon are an amazing couple who came up from South Texas to Dallas for a weekend getaway, and their engagement shoot. They are great friends of mine and we had dinner at Chuy's in Uptown Dallas to spend time to catch-up - where the night session began afterward and resumed the next morning!

Photographing a night engagement session is uncommon, but I still definitely looked forward to it. Here, I photographed them through the windows (which would be open if it wasn't so cold!). That specific location generally opens up all their windows if the weather's nice enough and it used to be a maintenance garage:


Strolling around downtown, we stopped to get photos of the ring, and of themselves, with holiday lights, car lights, and neon lights lighting up the atmosphere:






We went to a more secluded place, and sought a more intimate look:


The next morning, they met up with me and went to Downtown Plano to continue their session. I spotted a walkway with an interesting collection of shadows and had to use it:


This is how you know Ashley and Brandon know they're a couple - they have their own special hand hold:


Downtown Plano offered nice and simple backdrops, you really couldn't ask for more:




Making a stop by the nearby farmer's market, I had them play around with some of the pumpkins:


If you've been to downtown Plano, you've probably seen the decommissioned train built in the early 1900s, which that used to run from Plano to as far as Waco. The Interurban Railway Museum maintained it and they graciously let us photograph in the museum and train:




We ended their session at Galatyn Park, near the Eisemann Center, and photographed on the field:




I wanted to end the blog entry with a photo from the night before, as I thought the power of the eyes was the most memorable and captivating image:


I cannot wait to photograph their wedding, and look forward to it next year!

Rasy Ran Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment