StatCounter

About Me

My photo
I am a freelance photographer located in Dallas, TX. I received my Bachelor of Fine Arts in Photography from the University of Texas at Arlington, and I am available for weddings, portraiture and event work. You can view more samples of my work by visiting my website.

5.02.2012

Will and his family, a revisitation

Will has grown noticeably compared to the photos I took of him over a year ago. Julie and James brought me out to James' grandparents' ranch for a session this year, and it served as a fantastic location. Fields, fences, train tracks, walkways -- a lot to work with given that much.

We started on the paved driveway leading up to the house, and I made this photo:

On both sides of the driveway were wooden fences, and I had them on one side with their back turned to the sun, then filled in with a golden reflector for these photos:


Laying in the grass of a field is always a plus:

We walked to the back where there were train tracks and took some down there:

You probably recognize the same toy train from the previous shoot, handmade by a close friend:

The horse pen was next, where I brought in some flashes for fill light since the sun was coming closer to the horizon:


And focusing on Will for the next two:


Julie wanted a few photos with one of her horses, Trace, so we took some with her, and with Will as well:



While Julie was riding for a little bit, it was time for some father and son pictures, here's one of them:

Then one of just Will himself:

They setup for a little reading session in front of the horses, where I made another picture of Will, too: 


Julie then brought out her other horse, Finn, for some photos:

Julie had to get herself jinxed, and ask what was the craziest thing that happened during a photoshoot was -- only to top it at the end of the session by getting thrown off Finn. Luckily, she was wearing her helmet!

Thank you guys for bringing us out there, I look forward to the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment