StatCounter

About Me

My photo
I am a freelance photographer located in Dallas, TX. I received my Bachelor of Fine Arts in Photography from the University of Texas at Arlington, and I am available for weddings, portraiture and event work. You can view more samples of my work by visiting my website.

11.09.2011

The VanKirks

I recently finished another family session in Denton. I met Tessa and her family, who were introduced to me by Carrie, and her sister-in-law, Stephanie, also attended with her son Aiden. While the weather clouds looked stormy and had a fifty percent chance of rain, the clouds parted and drifted away during the session, and came back towards the end. We started at the square, and moved to our second location, Old Alton Bridge, for the second half:

The stairs at the courthouse always make for great formals:

And here is one of Stephanie and Aiden:

Shortly after the initial formals, I had the kids play around the courthouse, and on the courthouse for some candids:


Isaac underneath tree limbs:

Stephanie and Aiden sat down for this shot, and Stephanie displays her affection here:

I took an individual of Cooper:

And Aiden as well, hugging mom:

We walked away from the square towards Sweetwater, where Kevin and Tessa actually had their first date, so I did another family portrait with the two of them kissing:

The wooden backdrop made for some nice, clean lines:

On the otherside of the Sweetwater storefront was this dark window accented with red and yellow paint:

We moved from the square to Old Alton Bridge, and took the remaining photos there. With the recent storm clouds acting as a diffuser, and the approaching sunset, it gave me a great window of light that only lasted for less than half an hour.

The families wanted some photos of all six of them together, and here's one of them:

Then I moved onto some individuals on the bridge:







And then [part of] Tessa's family, as Isaac was busy playing on the bridge!:

Thanks Tessa, Kevin and Stephanie, for the chance to meet you and your wonderful kids. I look forward to the next session.

No comments:

Post a Comment